
South Park's Season 2, Episode 9 featured a film festival in the Quiet Redneck Mountain Town where Cartman describes independent films as being nothing more than Black and White Hippie Movies about Gay Cowboys eating Pudding. Seven years later, Ang Lee, the director best known for proving to the world that the Hulk is, in fact, kind of a boring character, has finally released Brokeback Mountain. The "film" features Tobey Maguire's proposed Spiderman replacement and That Guy From That Movie about Knights with the out of place contemporary soundtrack. They play gay cowboys who, despite being gay cowboys, do not eat pudding. Most likely they would prefer another helping of each other. The movie is supposed to be pretty darn good, though I suspect will not come to my own Quiet Redneck Mountain Town and thus I won't get to see it. Instead, I'll cheer myself up with the knowledge that so many others have enjoyed it. Here's hoping Brokeback Mountain finds itself up to its ass in Oscars. And Academy Awards too.
2 comments:
im not gay or afraid of gay people but Im afraid of watching this movie.
There's just something about those kinds of people. Maybe it's my Alberta background, or just plain prejudice, but man do I ever hate cowboys.
Post a Comment