The problem with writing a blog is that you're always writing in isolation, without a nagging Voice of Reason to remind you that sometimes people are idiots. I've written about work a few times, considered a Bad Idea in today's Global Market, but each time it's obviously been quite tongue-in-cheek and ridiculous. No specifics, no names, safe right? Well, so far so good, but I just know some day I'll get a phone call from a student, looking to become a Chartered Accountant, who stumbles upon "The Official CASB Webpage" and thinks that the purpose of CASB employees is to deny some student's taxation course just because some kid opened a window. I really hate writing anything serious on here since this is my safe place to flip out and write nonsense, but just for a moment I might have to. Everyone works hard at CASB, they really care about the students, they try their best, and put in plenty of long hours. Anything silly and tongue-in-cheek that I might write to the contrary is to be laughed at or ignored, depending on your affiliation. Free speech should mean we don't have to undermine our public statements by posting Disclaimers for the Humor Impaired. We shouldn't have to fear that someone will misintrepret a joke then say that it's our fault they didn't get it. Normally the person who misunderstands a message is the one blamed.
Too bad it's not like that. Instead, I have to write a "Please don't sue/fire me" post. In the interest of disclosure, nothing prompted this but you never can tell who wants to usurp your Awesome Cubicle of Awesome Awesomeness by using a little dirt.
Wednesday, June 20, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment