There's some blogs on the internet. I can't say for sure how many, but some experts estimate upwards of 20. I don't think that's enough, so I'm going to start another blog dedicated to sports commentary, mostly hockey. I have some thoughts on hockey, mostly about my own team, but like I found last year when I started writing a short story in this space, I'd rather keep this space for drunken ramblings and pithy observations. And again, since nobody reads this anyways, I can say they're pithy and nobody would dare argue in the comments section. Would they? Nah, they're too chickenshit. They wouldn't DARE.
My one concern with the new blog is updating it often enough since leaving your blog for months on end is the best way to kill readership. Also, as this blog has shown, blathering hollow nonsense is another good way. The whole point of the new blog will be to contribute something meaningful to sports discourse since there's so much shitty commentary out there, mostly on TV and much of it by Glenn Healy. There's also a lot of excellent stuff out there, and that's why I wanted to emulate it as best I can. I'll post a link on this site for all those who don't read and don't dare insult me in the comments section.
Sunday, December 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment