Thursday, February 22, 2007

I AM AN ACCOUNTANT

GREETINGS. MY NAME IS LURR FROM THE PLANET OMICRON PERSEI 8. UPON YOU PUNY HUMANS I UNLEASH MY POWERS OF CRIPPLING TEDIUM, CAPABLE OF CRUSHING EVEN THE SHARPEST PUNY HUMAN MIND INTO A BLITHERING MASS OF GIBBERSOME, SHUDDERING GREY MATTER.

I'd like to put to rest some stereotypes, if I may. The jokes are funny, but please, a serious moment. Despite the way in which they are portrayed in the media, TV, and blockbuster action movies, accountants are not always dynamic, charismatic balls of spontaneity. Call me a politically correct sillynanny, but I feel the need to remind people that, shocking as it my seem, some accountants are actually restrained, cautious people who would just as soon do your taxes on a Saturday night as alphabetize, categorize and audit your grocery list. Yes friends, accountants need well-organized, pre-planned triple-stamped love too. Should you feel the need to express it to them, you will be required to submit a pre-application form, two reference letters from others towards whom affection has been previous expressed, a carbon copy application form outlining the proposed affection transaction, and a personal letter of Sentimental Intent.

No comments: